It's a party and you are all invited!
Robert & Brenda Rooney are celebrating 40 years together and they both just turned 65, so we want to throw them a celebratory bash. This is a tribute to a local couple who’ve had such an impact on our community over the last 20 years.
Rooney Toons! is an opportunity for everyone reached by their work to show Brenda and Robert our appreciation and celebrate the power of community engagement and activism. Friends, family, colleagues, and community groups are coming together for an afternoon of fun and fund-raising on behalf of Wakefield Centre’s Sound & Light Fund to maintain and improve the equipment in the Great Hall.
• Barbecue and bar!
• Film clips from documentaries by Rooney Productions + Film Camp highlights!
• Storytelling and skits about Robert & Brenda!
• Toasts and anniversary cake!
• Raffle prizes!
• Music with live funky soul band ‘Back Pocket’!
• Artists’ mural creation!
• Community flip-chart for well-wishers!
• And plenty more laffs, gags, ‘n’ hijinks!
Entrance is by donation ($20 suggested); all proceeds to Wakefield Centre.
C’mon out on June 20th to eat, drink, and dance, and be a part of the Rooney Toons celebration!